Course Overview: This course provides you with the tools needed to be able to use formulas required to do more complicated calculations. This helps to reduce errors that can arise in such complex tasks. This course introduces the basic concepts and terminology associated with formulas and functions as well as various methods of cell referencing. You will learn how to insert and customize tables and charts to be able to create attractive and well-organized representations of your workbook data. This course also covers conditional formatting which allows you to highlight trends and exceptions in cells or cell ranges to make it stand out. You will use Spark lines which are small charts within a cell that provide a visual representation of data and can be used to show trends in an appealing manner. Finally, you will explore a variety of graphic tools such as: text boxes, pictures, shapes, SmartArt, and WordArt and how to use these objects in order to enhance
the visual impact of a workbook.
Expected Learning Outcomes: Upon completion of the course, students are expected to be able to:
1. Create formulas and work with functions.
2. Describe ways in which to insert and format charts.
3. Describe ways in which to work with charts.
4. Apply and modify various types of conditional formatting.
5. Sequence the steps to create a Sparkline.
6. Create and alter a text box.
7. Add graphics and graphical elements such as: pictures, SmartArt and WordArt